Monday, May 17, 2010

Company on the Journey

Amidst the thicket of morning traffic, I had to promptly remind myself that it was indeed Sunday, not Monday or a weekday. So taken back by the sheer volume of vehicles cruising around and beside me, I scanned each car's interior noticing the drivers and occupants as I sat at a red light. Like me, most people were dressed for church services. St. Joseph's Catholic, St. Michael's Lutheran, Evangel Cathedral and First Baptist Church of Glenarden were among several nearby places of worship. (My Sunday pilgrimage would take me 20 minutes farther.)

It was a sacred moment to realize that I was surrounded by my sisters and brothers in Christ. Our early mornings comings and goings demonstrated our longing to worship with our respective faith families. This rush hour traffic represented my extended Christian community and I was in blessed company. "Surely the Lord is in this place..." Gen. 28:16

1 comment:

  1. My Sunday morning drive to work is Praise & Worship time.

    ReplyDelete