Sunday, June 6, 2010

This is not a blog

A wise woman reminded me that blogs usually hosted a particular theme, one subject. But my passions are many and my interests diverse and I won’t rein in this curious energy to one topic or theme, therefore, waldo525.blogspot.com is not a blog.

Waldo’s Ink Place is a writing room, a studio and romper room to post creative exploits, ruminations and quandaries. I am licensed to express in any form: essays, poems, short tales or whatever provokes me. I hope they will move you.

This place is a rink to test my mettle and exercise a new craft. It is a safe haven where I learn to weather the discipline and solitude of a creative life. Can I give voice to that which yearns to be heard? Can I embrace the silence so that wisdom and insights reveal themselves? It is daunting to unleash new powers. Am I up to the commitment? I will see. Meanwhile, I invite you to drop in my special space to relax and ponder a thought of two. I invite dialogue, feedback and different points of view. Waldo is in, and she welcome a visit from you.

2 comments:

  1. Many people, usually those who believe in a well-ordered life filled with rules of proper behavior, believe that real blogs must adhere to a single theme. They're wrong. There is no such rule nor is there anyone to enforce such a rule. However, if they insist, I maintain that my blog is about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, for choosing to do you!!!!

    ReplyDelete